Jobs with Bummer Free Summer Camp
Are you interested in a fun, high-energy summer job? Do you like to work with kids of all ages? You may be the perfect fit for our team of counselors!
Bummer Free Summer Camp is a licensed camp with the State of Wisconsin that runs for 10 weeks (June 12 - August 25) and is one of the most sought after programs in Madison-we’re fully booked by the end of February! We are looking for experienced, fun-loving, and organized camp counselors to join our amazing team. Join campers on fun trips to museums, zip lining, splash pads and pools, water parks, obstacle courses, etc, and be hands on with crafts and games! Experience with kids or a camp setting is preferred. CPR + First Aid training is required and provided by Gymfinity during training.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise children between the ages of 5-11 on field trips, at our base camp, and during activities
- Organize and execute lesson plans, activities, games, and crafts each day
- Clean and sanitize areas of play
- Become CPR and First Aid certified (provided by Gymfinity)
Education & Training
- High School Diploma
- Able to attend 25 hours of training at Gymfinity (June 5 - June 9)
- The ability to pass a background check and get fingerprinted as our state license requires.
Knowledge & Experience
- Must be 18+
- Experience with children required
- Patience and understanding when working with young children
- A team player mindset
- Organization skills
- Experience in customer service preferred
Hours & Compensation
Full-time and part-time jobs available. Must be able to work at least 2 days with availability between 7:00AM-5:30PM from Monday to Friday.
Hourly pay starts at $15.00/hour PLUS End of Camp Bonus. End of Camp Bonus fluctuates based on hours worked and other factors. Last year, the bonuses averaged $500.